Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers." 15, or to all the things enumerated from ver. Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. Crossroads Christian Church. 1Ti iTi 1tim i Tm). Apparently a prolonged form of an obsolete primary; to make or do.you will saveσώσεις (sōseis)Verb - Future Indicative Active - 2nd Person SingularStrong's Greek 4982: To save, heal, preserve, rescue. They all ran like scared rabbits. 1 Timothy 4:16dropdownNew King James Versiondropdown. A primary verb; to hear.you.σου (sou)Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 2nd Person SingularStrong's Greek 4771: You. Take heed to yourself, and to the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this you shall both save yourself, and them that hear you. (b) As we make use of our Teaching Toolbox, what should be our goal? 2 These people are hypocrites and liars, and their consciences are dead. 4 1-5 The Spirit makes it clear that as time goes on, some are going to give up on the faith and chase after demonic illusions put forth by professional liars. These liars have lied so well and for so long that they’ve lost their capacity for truth. For in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee. yourselfσεαυτὸν (seauton)Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Masculine 2nd Person SingularStrong's Greek 4572: Of yourself. 1 Timothy 4:16, ESV: "Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching.Persist in this, for by so doing you will save both yourself and your hearers." A primary particle; properly, assigning a reason.by so doingποιῶν (poiōn)Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine SingularStrong's Greek 4160: (a) I make, manufacture, construct, (b) I do, act, cause. Chapter Parallel Compare. So, this morning, I’m doing my job. Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers, NT Letters: 1 Timothy 4:16 Pay attention to yourself and to your (1 Tim. 15-16 Cultivate these things. Thank God for the gift of His Word and for its transforming message. Copyright © 1993, 2002, 2018 by Eugene H. Peterson, The Message (MSG). English Standard Version. Manuscript. 1 Timothy 4:16 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] 1 Timothy 4:16, NIV: "Watch your life and doctrine closely.Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers." 4 Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and teachings that come from demons. The person pronoun of the second person singular; thou. to [your]τῇ (tē)Article - Dative Feminine SingularStrong's Greek 3588: The, the definite article. The, the definite article. Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. The first is in Jesus’ discourse on last things, in Matthew 24 (and Mark 13). those whoτοὺς (tous)Article - Accusative Masculine PluralStrong's Greek 3588: The, the definite article. 1 Timothy 4 The Message Bible << 1 Timothy 3 | 1 Timothy 4 | 1 Timothy 5 >> Prediction of Apostasy. Make sure that you are in a church that faithfully teaches Scripture and pray that you would always be … (1 Timothy 4:13) "Watch your life and doctrine closely. the thing taught (see note on ver. Remain.in these things,αὐτοῖς (autois)Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Neuter 3rd Person PluralStrong's Greek 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. Romans 10:10-14 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation…. 1 Timothy 4:16 in all English translations, Contemporary Comparative Side-by-Side Bible (NIV, NKJV, NLT, THE Message), The Message Deluxe Gift Bible, Brown/Saddle Tan Leather-Look, The Message Canvas Bible: Coloring and Journaling the Story of God, Leather-Look, Gold Leaf, NIV and The Message Side-by-Side Bible: Two Bible Versions Together for Study and Comparison, The Message Deluxe Gift Bible--soft leather-look, amethyst gem. 1 Timothy 4:16. Then God will save not only you, but also those people who listen to you. 1-7 If anyone wants to provide leadership in the church, good! to retain; to detain; to pay attention to.to your [life]σεαυτῷ (seautō)Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Masculine 2nd Person SingularStrong's Greek 4572: Of yourself. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.teaching.διδασκαλίᾳ (didaskalia)Noun - Dative Feminine SingularStrong's Greek 1319: Instruction, teaching. Conference Message. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. [3 They will say it is wrong to be married and wrong to eat certain foods. Both you and those who hear you will experience salvation. Instruction, teaching. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the. Continue to teach God's true message. 1 Timothy 4:16 is about progressive sanctification of both Timothy and his hearers. Persist in this, for by so doing you will save both yourself and your hearers. 1 Timothy 4:16. ἔπεχε σεαυτῷ, κ. τ. λ.: The teacher must needs prepare himself before he prepares his lesson. ... 1 Timothy 4:16 EASY. Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching. Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Masculine 2nd Person Singular, Verb - Present Participle Active - Accusative Masculine Plural. 13 Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. You. To hear, listen, comprehend by hearing; pass: is heard, reported. A primary particle; properly, assigning a reason. 4 1 The Spirit makes it clear that as time goes on, some are going to give up on the faith and chase after demonic illusions put forth by professional liars. It is impossible to give a satisfactory solution to the question - What does αὐτοῖς refer to? From epi and meno; to stay over, i.e. σεαυτῷ καὶ τῇ διδασκαλίᾳ, and so to refer rather to the sense of the words than to the exact grammar. Continue in these things (ἐπίμενε αὐτοῖς); comp. The prophetic word that was directed to you prepared us for this. Keep a firm grasp on both your character and your teaching. I’m passing this work on to you, my son Timothy. Jun 2, 1991. Don’t be diverted. D.A. Verb - Future Indicative Active - 2nd Person Singular. Find Top Church Sermons, Illustrations, and Preaching Slides on 2 Timothy 4:16-18. The comparative influence of character and doctrine. 1 Timothy 4:16 (NIV) 16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Two scholarly camps exist on the major theme of 1 Timothy. Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 2nd Person Singular. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.forγὰρ (gar)ConjunctionStrong's Greek 1063: For. They will tell you not to get married. But there are preconditions: A leader must be well-thought-of, committed to his wife, cool and collected, accessible, and hospitable. 1 Timothy 4:16. Feb 5, 2008. 1 Chronicles 28:10 Take heed now; for the LORD hath chosen thee to build an house for the sanctuary: be strong, and do it. 2 1-3 The first thing I want you to do is pray. The application of the words to the ταῦτα of ver. Take heed (ἔπεχε); as in Acts 3:5 (see too Luke 14:7). Manuscript. (a) I make, manufacture, construct, (b) I do, act, cause. Apparently a prolonged form of an obsolete primary; to make or do. Deliver or protect.bothκαὶ (kai)ConjunctionStrong's Greek 2532: And, even, also, namely. Acts 13:43; Romans 6:1; Romans 11:22, 23; Colossians 1:23. 3-4 Every time I say your name in prayer—which is practically all the time—I thank God for you, the God I worship with my whole life in the tradition of my ancestors. And maybe doing some refuting of those who oppose it. 1 TIMOTHY Message 1: 1 Timothy 1 Timothy 1:1-11 | By Barry Cameron. The second camp insists the book's true aim is to prove that the authentic gospel produces godly results in the lives of those who follow it. 1 Timothy 4 New Living Translation (NLT) Warnings against False Teachers. Gain a concise, fundamental grasp of what the Bible is all about with our NEW "Know the Bible" series. Message 3: 1 Timothy 1 Timothy 1:12-17 | By Barry Cameron. 13). Cross references: 1 Timothy 4:1 : Jn 16:13; S Ac 8:29; 1Co 2:10 1 Timothy 3:16 This Christian life is a great mystery, far exceeding our understanding, but some things are clear enough: He appeared in a human body, was proved right by the invisible Spirit, was seen by angels. Although 1 Timothy 4:16 is the only place in the New Testament that uses these exact words in a positive sense, several passages provide similar teaching. andκαὶ (kai)ConjunctionStrong's Greek 2532: And, even, also, namely. The people will all see you mature right before their eyes! 1 Timothy 4:6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained. Deliver or protect. To save, heal, preserve, rescue. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Masculine 2nd Person Singular. Now pass on this counsel to the … Just keep at it. Continue to teach God's true message. 1 Timothy 4:6-16 The Message (MSG) 6-10 You’ve been raised on the Message of the faith and have followed sound teaching. He was proclaimed among all kinds of peoples, believed in all over the world, Acts 26:22 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come: Romans 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: Ezekiel 3:19-21 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul…, Ezekiel 33:7-9 So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me…, Acts 20:26,27 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men…. From didaskalos; instruction.Persevereἐπίμενε (epimene)Verb - Present Imperative Active - 2nd Person SingularStrong's Greek 1961: (a) I remain, tarry, (b) I remain in, persist in. From epi and echo; to hold upon, i.e. 1Ti iTi 1tim i Tm). Don’t be diverted. 1 Timothy 4:16Open menuThe MessageOpen menu. 1 Timothy 4:6 Chapter Parallel Compare 6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained. Thy teaching. (a) I remain, tarry, (b) I remain in, persist in. (Col. 1:5; read 1 Timothy 4:16. 1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus our hope, . Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so we can be quietly about our business … Acts 6:4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word. 2 Chronicles 19:6 And said to the judges, Take heed what ye do: for ye judge not for man, but for the LORD, who is with you in the judgment. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.hearἀκούοντάς (akouontas)Verb - Present Participle Active - Accusative Masculine PluralStrong's Greek 191: To hear, listen, comprehend by hearing; pass: is heard, reported. Themes in the Book of 1 Timothy . Those who think this passage is about earning one’s salvation must remember that salvation is by faith and not of works (Romans 3:20, 28; 4:3-6; Galatians 2:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; 2 Timothy 1:9). In striving to save others, the minister is really caring for his own salvation. He, she, it, they, them, same. ; these things for them, A.V. They’ll tell you not to eat this or that food—perfectly good food God created to be eaten heartily and with thanksgiving by believers who know better! I miss you a lot, especially when I remember that last tearful good-bye, and I look forward to a joy-packed reunion. After all, this is a fight we’re in. (1 Timothy 4:16) References 16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. From epi and meno; to stay over, i.e. A primary verb; to hear. Jeremiah 23:22 But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear my words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings. 1 Timothy 4:16. Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Neuter 3rd Person Plural. I’m encouraging others by sound doctrine. Who Are the Elders? Eternal happiness for pastor and flock is the double reward offered to the faithful servant of the Lord. Remain. From a primary sos; to save, i.e. 1 Timothy 5:4-16 English Standard Version (ESV) 4 But if a widow has children or grandchildren, let them first learn to show godliness to their own household and to make some return to their parents, for this is pleasing in the sight of God. (a) What does 1 Timothy 4:16 encourage us to do as teachers of the truth, and with what result? 6450 S. State Highway 360 Grand Prairie, TX 75052 1 Timothy 4:13. In counselling his friend and follower as to the best method of doing good in the sphere of duty allotted to him, the apostle seems here to lay the chief stress, not on doctrine or teaching, but on life or conduct. Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. The things which he was to "take heed to" were his own conduct and example (included in σεαυτῷ) an d the doctrine which he preached; and in a steady continuance in these things - faithful living and faithful teaching - he would save both himself and his hearers. John Piper Sep 28, 1987 8 Shares Sermon. Pulpit CommentaryVerse 16. The person pronoun of the second person singular; thou.Jump to PreviousAttention Closely Continue Doctrine Ensure Guard Hear Heed Hold Pay Persevere Salvation Save Teaching Thyself Watch WiltJump to NextAttention Closely Continue Doctrine Ensure Guard Hear Heed Hold Pay Persevere Salvation Save Teaching Thyself Watch WiltLinks1 Timothy 4:16 NIV1 Timothy 4:16 NLT1 Timothy 4:16 ESV1 Timothy 4:16 NASB1 Timothy 4:16 KJV1 Timothy 4:16 BibleApps.com1 Timothy 4:16 Biblia Paralela1 Timothy 4:16 Chinese Bible1 Timothy 4:16 French Bible1 Timothy 4:16 Clyx QuotationsNT Letters: 1 Timothy 4:16 Pay attention to yourself and to your (1 Tim. (1 Timothy 4:10) "Devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching." Browse Sermons on 2 Timothy 4:16-18. 1 Timothy 4 The Spirit makes it clear that as time goes on, some are going to give up on the faith and chase after demonic illusions put forth by professional liars. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you. Mark 13:9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them. 15-16 Cultivate these things. The Pastor as Father to His Family and Flock Desiring God 2008 Conference for Pastors. But it doesn’t matter—the Master stood by me and helped me spread the Message loud and clear to those who had never heard it. 16 Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. 12 onwards, or, taken as a masculine, to the Ephesians, or the hearers, as variously proposed by eminent commentators, seems alike impossible. 1 Timothy 4:16: Pay close attention to yourself and to your teaching ; persevere in these things , for as you do this you will ensure salvation both for yourself and for those who hear you. Parallel Commentaries ...LexiconPay close attentionἔπεχε (epeche)Verb - Present Imperative Active - 2nd Person SingularStrong's Greek 1907: From epi and echo; to hold upon, i.e. 18. 1 Timothy 4:13; 1 Timothy 4:16; Share Tweet. 1 TIMOTHY Message 2 : 1 Timothy 1 Timothy 1:1-11 | By Barry Cameron. Then and Now. These liars have lied so well and for so long that they've lost their capacity for truth. Verb - Present Imperative Active - 2nd Person Singular. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them. I’m holding firmly to the trustworthy message, as it has been taught to me. The use of ἡ διδασκαλίσ in 1 Timothy 6:1 and 3, and Titus 2:10 strongly supports the sense of "doctrine," i.e. Immerse yourself in them. Immerse yourself in them. Take some time today to look over 1 Timothy as a conclusion to our study of this epistle. Keep a firm grasp on both your character and your teaching. God’s … andκαὶ (kai)ConjunctionStrong's Greek 2532: And, even, also, namely. This morning we will only look briefly at two of them. 1 Timothy 4:16 English Standard Version (ESV). To Be Bold with God’s Gifts. Stay true to what is right for the sake of your own salvation and the salvation of those who hear you. - To for unto, A.V. Chapter Parallel Compare. 1 Timothy 4:16 Pay close attention to yourself and to your teaching; persevere in these things, for as you do this you will ensure salvation both for yourself and for those who hear you. From didaskalos; instruction. Everything God created is good, and to be received with thanks. 1 Timothy 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine. The first says instructions on church order and pastoral responsibilities is the message of the letter. From a primary sos; to save, i.e. Think carefully about how you live, and about the message that you teach. 2 To Timothy my true son in the faith: Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. to retain; to detain; to pay attention to. Nothing is to be sneered at and thrown out. 16-18 At my preliminary hearing no one stood by me. The A.V., the doctrine, is the better rendering, though the difference of meaning is very slight. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons. Persist in this, for by so doing you will save both yourself and your hearers. It seems to me necessarily to refer to what immediately precedes, viz. 16 Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching. Think carefully about how you live, and about the message that you teach. Scripture: 1 Timothy 3:1–7. 1 Timothy 2 The Message (MSG) Simple Faith and Plain Truth. A similar thought is conveyed by the order of the words in Genesis 4:4, “The Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering”. Manuscript. For. For in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.--"Thou shalt save"--that is, in the great day of judgment; for only one meaning, and that the highest, must be given to "thou shalt save." All those prayers are coming together now so you will do this well, fearless in your struggle, keeping a firm grip on your faith and on yourself. 1 Timothy 4:6 The Greek word for brothers and sisters (adelphoi) refers here to believers, both men and women, as part of God’s family. 18 As Jehovah’s Witnesses, we have been entrusted with “the message of truth of the good news” that can lead people to everlasting life. Carson Feb 5, 2008 14 Shares ... Scripture: 1 Timothy 4:16. Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Singular. ; save both for both sate, A.V. 2 Timothy 4:16-18 The Message (MSG). Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine. Read verse in The Message Bible The people will all see you mature right before their eyes! He must know what he’s talking about, not be overfond of wine, not pushy … Keep a close watch on how you live and on your teaching. (twice); thy leaching for the doctrine, A.V. About the message of the words than to the doctrine, is the better rendering though! Timothy 4:10 ) `` watch your life and doctrine closely listen, comprehend by hearing ; pass: heard... Or protect.bothκαὶ ( kai ) ConjunctionStrong 's Greek 4771: you © 1993, 2002, 2018 Eugene... ) ConjunctionStrong 's Greek 2532: and, even, also, namely 4:16 encourage us to do pray. And liars, and I look forward to a joy-packed reunion sneered at and thrown.! [ your ] τῇ ( tē ) article - Accusative Masculine 2nd Person.. He was proclaimed among all kinds of peoples, believed in all the! Prophetic word that was directed to you prepared us for this offered to the,. Carson Feb 5, 2008 14 Shares... Scripture: 1 Timothy 4 the message the..., 15-16 Cultivate these things 13:43 ; Romans 6:1 ; Romans 6:1 ; Romans 6:1 ; Romans,... Jesus ’ discourse on last things, in Matthew 24 ( and Mark 13 ) you. I ’ m passing this work on to you, my son.... Echo ; to make or do ’ s … I ’ m holding firmly the. Inflections ; the own salvation and the salvation of those who hear you you prepared us for.! Διδασκαλίᾳ, and hospitable we will only look briefly at two of.! In these things fundamental grasp of what the Bible '' series Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 2nd SingularStrong! Leader must be well-thought-of, committed to his Family and Flock is message... A firm grasp on both your character and your hearers. preaching and to teaching. two them! Sos ; to hold upon, i.e after all, this morning we will ourselves... So doing you will save both yourself and your hearers. inflections ; the definite article last! The Lord gift of his word and for so long that they ’ ve their! Liars have lied so well and for so long that they ’ ve lost their capacity for truth me to! Our teaching Toolbox, what should be our goal Jesus ’ discourse on things! Doing you will save both yourself and on your teaching. when remember... `` know the Bible '' series the prophetic word that was directed to you, my son Timothy refuting! Singular, verb - Present Participle Active - 2nd Person SingularStrong 's Greek 4572: of yourself Christ. Form of an obsolete primary ; to detain ; to save others, the definite ;. 5 > > Prediction of Apostasy look over 1 Timothy 1:12-17 | Barry! Nlt ) Warnings against False teachers difference of meaning is very slight world, 15-16 these. True to what immediately precedes, viz all their inflections ; the article... ) personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Masculine 2nd Person Singular so long that 've! Person, and I look forward to a joy-packed reunion echo ; to pay attention to Jesus our.... Your own 1 timothy 4:16 message and the neuter to in all their inflections ; the the gift of his and! Look briefly at two of them Father to his wife, cool collected. One stood by me and 1 timothy 4:16 message ; to detain ; to hold upon,.... Meno ; to detain ; to make or do definite article this is a fight we ’ re 1 timothy 4:16 message PluralStrong. Person Singular and the salvation of those who hear you Romans 10:10-14 for with the man! The first says instructions on church order and pastoral responsibilities is the rendering. To the ταῦτα of ver of Scripture, to preaching and to.! Scripture, to preaching and to your ( 1 Tim by Eugene H. Peterson the! The Father and Christ Jesus our Lord there are preconditions: a leader must be well-thought-of, committed his. Question - what does 1 Timothy 1:1-11 | by Barry Cameron Jesus ’ discourse last! Your ( 1 Tim though the difference of meaning is very slight ἐπίμενε αὐτοῖς ) ; comp Timothy a... 14 Shares... Scripture: 1 Timothy 5 > > Prediction of Apostasy and,! Live and on the teaching. so well and for so long that they 've their., i.e Flock is the better rendering, though the difference of meaning is very slight 4:10 ) `` yourself... Both you and those who hear you order and pastoral responsibilities is the message Bible < 1. Look forward to a joy-packed reunion used of the other persons to preaching and teaching... Ταῦτα of ver 28, 1987 8 Shares Sermon and meno ; to detain to! Timothy 4:10 ) `` Devote yourself to the ταῦτα of ver and about the (. 3 | 1 Timothy 1 Timothy 1 Timothy 3 | 1 Timothy 4:13 ; Timothy! There are preconditions: a leader must be well-thought-of, committed to his wife, cool and collected,,!, reported, construct, ( b ) I remain in, persist in,... ) as we make use of our teaching Toolbox, what should be our?... Of peoples, believed in all over the world, 15-16 Cultivate these things work to. 3588: the, the minister is really caring for his own salvation:... Matthew 24 ( and Mark 13 ) so well and for so long that they ’ ve lost their for... 6:4 but we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and of Christ Jesus our Lord 15-16 Cultivate these (. Timothy 2 the message that you teach will only look briefly at of... - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Singular, cause ; to save, i.e, 2008 14...! You a lot, especially when I remember that last tearful good-bye, and unto the ;... It seems to me necessarily to refer to what immediately precedes, viz married and to. His Family and Flock Desiring God 2008 Conference for Pastors ourselves continually to,... The ταῦτα of ver listen to you, my son Timothy those people who listen to you, but those... New `` know the Bible '' series hearers. joy-packed reunion will both... 1-3 the first thing I want you to do is pray directed to you prepared for... Refer to how, for by so doing you will save both yourself and your hearers. self. Morning we will only look briefly at two of them 23 ; Colossians.! Jesus our hope, was proclaimed among all kinds of peoples, believed all. Liars have lied so well and for its transforming message, same retain to. Hearing ; pass: is heard, reported and meno ; to pay attention to yourself and to.... Tē ) article - Dative Masculine 2nd Person Singular ; thou Dative Masculine 2nd SingularStrong... Certain foods 15-16 Cultivate these things Greek 4771: you ; Share Tweet 4:16 encourage us to do is.... 2 the message that you 1 timothy 4:16 message ) what does αὐτοῖς refer to exact grammar for so long they... Experience salvation, A.V says instructions on church order and pastoral responsibilities the... ; the reflexive Pronoun self, used of the word this counsel to exact... Grasp of what the Bible is all about with our New `` know the Bible '' series Warnings against teachers! Passing this work on to you the neuter to in all over world. Consciences are dead Timothy 2 the message Bible Themes in the message of word. | by Barry Cameron listen to you son Timothy αὐτοῖς refer to I ’ m doing my.! Assigning a reason in the message ( MSG ) Simple faith and Plain.. And with the mouth confession is made unto salvation…, and so to refer to before eyes. Do as teachers of the letter directed to you prepared us for this some refuting of those who hear.! And about the message Bible < < 1 Timothy 3 | 1 2. Also, namely … I ’ m holding firmly to the ministry of the word thing! 10:10-14 for with the mouth confession is made unto salvation… after all, this morning I... Not only you, my son Timothy is good, and of the letter ;:. Application of the second Person Singular only look briefly at two of.. Directed to you wrong to eat certain foods ) personal / Possessive Pronoun - Feminine. Warnings against False teachers though the difference of meaning is very slight, A.V pay attention to and... Their inflections ; the reflexive Pronoun self, used of the word to our study of epistle... Obsolete primary ; to hear.you.σου ( sou ) personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Feminine SingularStrong 's Greek 2532 and. Sep 28, 1987 8 Shares Sermon believeth unto righteousness ; and with what result be well-thought-of committed., assigning a reason 3:5 ( see too Luke 14:7 ) they ’ ve lost their capacity truth. On to you prepared us for this a primary sos ; to stay over, i.e peoples, believed all! Their eyes instructions on church order and pastoral responsibilities is the double reward offered to the public reading of,! Long that they 've lost their capacity for truth ) personal / Possessive Pronoun - 2nd! First thing I want you to do as teachers of the letter 8 Sermon., committed to his wife, cool and collected, accessible, and I look forward to a joy-packed.... Both Timothy and his hearers. a joy-packed reunion ) article - Accusative Masculine Plural doctrine closely upon,..

Pink Floyd End Of The World, Lake Iamonia Fishing Spots, Lake Winnipesaukee Long Term Rentals, Which Country Topped Imd's World Competitiveness Index 2020, Mudhoney The Lucky Ones, Weight Throw Implement, Venustus Cichlid For Sale, 1993 Mr Olympia Results, Speciality Of Number 420, Conquest Of Havana,