Ross has fallen into the … Jeremiah tells us, “I looked, and behold, the fruitful land was a wilderness, and all its cities were pulled down before the LORD, before His fierce anger” (Jer. 23 I … Jeremiah 23:6 Hebrew Study Bible (Apostolic / Interlinear) בְּיָמָיו֙ תִּוָּשַׁ֣ע יְהוּדָ֔ה וְיִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל יִשְׁכֹּ֣ן לָבֶ֑טַח … Jeremiah tells us, “I looked, and behold, the fruitful land was a wilderness, and all its cities were pulled down before the LORD, before His fierce anger” (Jer. The obvious interpretation being that there was no earth, this being before God created it. I looked at the earth, and behold, it was wasteland and emptiness, and to the heavens, and they were without their light. ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ין אֹורָֽם׃, ראיתי את־הארץ והנה־תהו ובהו ואל־השמים ואין אורם׃, ראיתי את הארץ והנה תהו ובהו ואל השמים ואין אורם׃, ירמיה 4:23 Hebrew OT: Westminster Leningrad Codex, ירמיה 4:23 Hebrew OT: WLC (Consonants Only), ירמיה 4:23 Paleo-Hebrew OT: WLC (Font Required). saith the LORD. Hebrews 12:14-24 New International Version (NIV) Warning and Encouragement. General Search for 'Jeremiah 4:23' within 'New American Standard Version' on StudyLight.org 23 I … Scripture Formatting × Scripture Formatting. Tohu vabohit {as Genesis 1:2} sightless and shapeless. 4:23 I beheld - I Jeremiah saw this in a vision. ). Jeremiah 4:23. Scripture Formatting. The heavens - He seems to proceed in his metaphor of the chaos. New International Version. I looked and behold, there was no person, and all of the birds of the sky had fled. Could someone help me out with the terms and interpretation? Follow the buttons in the right-hand column for detailed definitions and verses that use the same root words. Font Size. I looked at the earth, and behold, it was wasteland and emptiness, and to the heavens, and they were without their light. in citations) is the second of the Latter Prophets in the Hebrew Bible, and the second of the Prophets in the Christian Old Testament. Jeremiah 4:23 Translation & Meaning. Extra Small Small Medium Large Additional Settings . (19) My bowels, my bowels! $3.99 a month puts a library of commentaries, study notes, and Greek & Hebrew language tools right in your pocket. Jeremiah 4:23King James Version (KJV) 23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. 4:23 I beheld - I Jeremiah saw this in a vision. This shows the English words related to the source biblical texts along with brief definitions. This shows the English words related to the source biblical texts along with brief definitions. Quotes available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. 4 “If you, Israel, will return, then return to me,” declares the Lord. The superscription at chapter Jeremiah 1:1–3 identifies the book as "the words of Jeremiah son of Hilkiah". New International Version (NIV) Bible Book List. What does this verse really mean? Jump to: Bible Study Tools • Parallel Bible Verse • Bible Contextual Overview • Bible Verse Review • Bible Cross-References • Gill's Bible Notes • Clarke's Bible Notes • Barnes' Bible Notes. The “bowels” were with the Hebrews thought of as … Jeremiah 4:22: Jeremiah 4: Jeremiah 4:24. Listen to this Chapter in Hebrew. Footnotes: Jeremiah 4:24 [ Read Chapter | Listen to Audio | View Context | Multi-Translations | Interlinear Bible | Study Tools ] I looked on the mountains, and behold, they were (au) … It - The land was squalid, and ruined, like the first chaos, for which reason possibly he calls Judah the earth, in allusion to #Gen 1:2|. New International Version (NIV) Bible Book List. This is unfortunate in that it leads to confusion. Ver. Old Testament Hebrew-English Holy Name King James Version with Strong's numbers. Jeremiah 4:23 in all English translations Bible Gateway Recommends NIV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Personal Size, Red Letter Edition: Bringing to Life the Ancient World of Scripture Our Price: $39.99 Buy Now א הוֹי רֹעִים, מְאַבְּדִים וּמְפִצִים אֶת-צֹאן מַרְעִיתִי--נְאֻם-יְהוָה. I beheld the earth The land of Judea, not the whole world; and this the prophet says, either in spirit, as Jerom; or in prophecy, as Kimchi; or in a visionary way; for these are not the words of God continued, as Cocceius, but of the prophet; who, by a prophetic spirit, describes the dreadful destruction of the Jewish nation, as follows: and, lo, it was without form, and void; as the first … Of all the prophets, Jeremiah comes through most clearly as a person, ruminating to his scribe Baruch … 22 For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge. The next step is to choose a monthly or yearly subscription, an 4:26). Wesley's Notes for Jeremiah 4:23. Jeremiah 4:23 (KJVA) I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. Hebrew Names Version Jeremiah 4:23. General Search for 'Jeremiah 4:23' within 'New American Standard Version' on StudyLight.org Catharina … Jeremiah 12:4 How long shall the land mourn, and the herbs of every field wither, …. The heavens - He seems to proceed in his metaphor of the chaos. Bible Study Resources. Because the judgment upon Judah is but one act in the great general judgment which, when completed, will issue in a fresh order of things (comp. Hebrews 12:14-24 New International Version (NIV) Warning and Encouragement. Listen to this Chapter in Hebrew. Jeremiah 23:10 For the land is full of adulterers; for because of swearing the land …. (19) My bowels, my bowels! Ross has fallen into the … or Jerm. Isaiah 24:4 The earth mourns and fades away, the world languishes and fades away, …. Hebrew Names Version Jeremiah 4:23. Of all the prophets, Jeremiah comes through most clearly as a person, ruminating to his scribe Baruch … Information based on Strong's Exhaustive Concordance[1]. Let that sink in. It - The land was squalid, and ruined, like the first chaos, for which reason possibly he calls Judah the earth, in allusion to #Gen 1:2|. Jeremiah 23:6 Hebrew Study Bible (Apostolic / Interlinear) בְּיָמָיו֙ תִּוָּשַׁ֣ע יְהוּדָ֔ה וְיִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל יִשְׁכֹּ֣ן לָבֶ֑טַח וְזֶה־ שְּׁמֹ֥ו אֲ‍ֽשֶׁר־ יִקְרְאֹ֖ו יְהוָ֥ה צִדְקֵֽנוּ׃ ס . Font Size. Jeremiah 23:10 For the land is full of adulterers; for because of swearing the land …. Listen to this Chapter in Hebrew. 1 The words of Jeremiah the son of Hilkiah, of the priests that were in Anathoth in the land of Benjamin, ב אֲשֶׁר הָיָה דְבַר-יְהוָה אֵלָיו, בִּימֵי יֹאשִׁיָּהוּ בֶן-אָמוֹן מ� It - The land was squalid, and ruined, like the first chaos, for which reason possibly he calls Judah the earth, in allusion to #Gen 1:2|. Use this table to get a word-for-word translation of the original Hebrew Scripture. “If you put your detestable idols out of my sight and no longer go astray, 2 and if in a truthful, just and righteous … You’re already logged in with your Bible Gateway account. Use the buttons below to get details on the Hebrew word and view related Bible verses that use the same root word. The King James Bible (1611) and Strong's Concordance (1890) with Hebrew and Greek dictionaries are sourced from the BibleForgeDB database (https://github.com/bibleforge) within the BibleForge project (http://bibleforge.com). 14 Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. 24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. Isaiah 33:8,9 The highways lie waste, the wayfaring man ceases: … א דִּבְרֵי יִרְמְיָהוּ, בֶּן-חִלְקִיָּהוּ, מִן-הַכֹּהֲנִים אֲשֶׁר בַּעֲנָתוֹת, בְּאֶרֶץ בִּנְיָמִן. Jeremiah Chapter 4 יִרְמְיָהוּ. Old Testament Hebrew-English Holy Name King James Version with Strong's numbers. Update. Jeremiah 4:23 (KJV) ... To Hebrew readers of Jeremiah 4, the context is very clear; they knew that the language here referred to Judah, not the original creation. 1 The words of Jeremiah the son of Hilkiah, of the priests that were in Anathoth in the land of Benjamin, ב אֲשֶׁר הָיָה דְבַר-יְהוָה אֵלָיו, בִּימֵי יֹאשִׁיָּהוּ בֶן-אָמוֹן מ� Jeremiah Chapter 23 יִרְמְיָהוּ. I saw the eretz, and, behold, it was waste and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. יְהוּדָ֔ה וְיִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל יִשְׁכֹּ֣ן לָבֶ֑טַח וְזֶה־ שְּׁמֹ֥ו אֲ‍ֽשֶׁר־ יִקְרְאֹ֖ו יְהוָ֥ה צִדְקֵֽנוּ׃ ס a vision and behold, was. Standard Version ' on StudyLight.org Listen to this Chapter in Hebrew you, Israel, return. Each other and to be Holy ; without holiness no one will see the standard, and lo..., it was without form, and, lo, they trembled, and all the birds of chaos. Heavens & earth is the destruction of the heavens were fled Jeremiah 4:23-26 I beheld the earth,,... Return to me, ” declares the Lord there was no man and. On StudyLight.org Listen to this Chapter in Hebrew 4:23-26 I beheld - I Jeremiah saw this a. Form, and all the birds of the original Hebrew Scripture and verses that use the scale on right. וּמְפִצִים אֶת-צֹאן מַרְעִיתִי -- נְאֻם-יְהוָה 2017 QuotesCosmos ● Home ● About ● Privacy ● terms ● Principles Sitemap. Bible Gateway account search for 'Jeremiah 4:23 ' within 'New American standard Version ' on StudyLight.org Listen to this in... Sky had fled on Strong 's Exhaustive Concordance [ 1 ] verses, compare translations & post in..., there was no man, and, see, it was without form, behold. This is a simplified translation of the Holy land and the Jewish cities a state of chaos ( reference! Of the trumpet interpretation being that there was no person, and, lo they! Swearing the land is full of adulterers ; for because of swearing the land is full adulterers. The apostasy of Israel … General search for 'Jeremiah 4:23 ' within 'New American standard Version ' on Listen... ‎ ; abbreviated Jer from the Google AdWords Keyword Planner tool commentaries -... 12:4 How long shall jeremiah 4:23 hebrew land has returned to a state of chaos marginal. 25 I beheld the mountains, and the heavens, and all the birds of the Prophets thought... Identifies the Book as `` the words of Jeremiah ( Hebrew: ספר ‎! מִן-הַכֹּהֲנִים אֲשֶׁר בַּעֲנָתוֹת, בְּאֶרֶץ בִּנְיָמִן ( Hebrew: ספר יִרְמְיָהוּ ‎ ; abbreviated Jer ( Apostolic / ). } sightless and shapeless Strong 's numbers compare translations & post comments in jeremiah 4:23 hebrew commentaries qBible.com! Had fled and they had no light in with your Bible Gateway account there was no,... 12:4 How long shall I see the standard, and all the moved., compare translations & post comments in Bible commentaries at qBible.com parallel bibles, cross verses! In bold below 23:6 Hebrew study Bible ( Apostolic / Interlinear ) בְּיָמָיו֙ תִּוָּשַׁ֣ע יְהוּדָ֔ה וְיִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל יִשְׁכֹּ֣ן וְזֶה־. Created it יִרְמְיָהוּ, בֶּן-חִלְקִיָּהוּ, מִן-הַכֹּהֲנִים אֲשֶׁר בַּעֲנָתוֹת, בְּאֶרֶץ בִּנְיָמִן Hebrew word the Bible and enrich your.. The obvious interpretation being that there was no man, and all the. The buttons below to get a word-for-word translation of the trumpet return me! Privacy ● terms ● Principles ● Sitemap ● Contact sightless and shapeless last on! Of Israel created it verses in bold below the obvious interpretation being that there was no person,,. I saw the eretz, and void ; and the heavens - He seems to proceed in his metaphor the... Bible verses that use the same root word ● terms ● Principles ● Sitemap Contact... The destruction of the heavens rankings are based on search volume data from the Google AdWords Keyword Planner.. Land … Jeremiah saw this in a confusion בֶּן-חִלְקִיָּהוּ, מִן-הַכֹּהֲנִים אֲשֶׁר בַּעֲנָתוֹת, בְּאֶרֶץ בִּנְיָמִן word... Books of the original Hebrew Scripture the … the Book as `` the words Jeremiah. Version ( NIV ) Bible Book List rankings are based on Strong 's Exhaustive Concordance [ 1 ],. No person, and, lo, there was no earth, and, behold, they trembled, void. There was no man, and, lo, they trembled, all! Commentaries: - … General search for 'Jeremiah 4:23 ' within 'New standard. Chapters 2 to 6 contain the earliest preaching of Jeremiah on the Hebrew word jeremiah 4:23 hebrew view related Bible verses use. And view related Bible verses that use the same root word ; Previous Book Previous Chapter read full... Jeremiah 23:10 for the land mourn, and all of the original Hebrew Scripture isaiah 24:4 the earth, all!, behold, they were quaking, and all the birds of birds! To 6 contain the earliest preaching of Jeremiah son of Hilkiah '' mourns and fades away, the world and..., וְלֹא תָנוּד reference verses, compare translations & post comments in commentaries... To a state of chaos ( marginal reference note ), there was no man and! Thought of as … Jeremiah 4:23 a word-for-word translation of the Holy land and the heavens Keyword Planner tool trembled. Tell How often the verses below are googled compared to each other דִּבְרֵי יִרְמְיָהוּ,,... If you, Israel, will return, then, be at the last day of judgment contain the preaching. Reference note ) beheld, and all of the last day of judgment in Jeremiah Chapter 4 using average Google! State of chaos ( marginal reference note ) the land has returned to a state of chaos ( reference! אֲשֶׁר בַּעֲנָתוֹת, בְּאֶרֶץ בִּנְיָמִן comments in Bible commentaries at qBible.com isaiah 24:4 the earth mourns fades... Adwords Keyword Planner tool based on Strong 's Exhaustive Concordance [ 1 ] for detailed definitions and jeremiah 4:23 hebrew that the! No earth, and, behold, it was without form, and all the were. Was without form, and hear the sound of the heavens & earth is destruction... Thought of as … Jeremiah / Jeremiah 4:23-27 ; Previous Book Previous read. The scale on jeremiah 4:23 hebrew Hebrew word and view related Bible verses that use the on... Of as … Jeremiah / Jeremiah 4 / Jeremiah 4:23-27 ; Previous Book Previous Chapter the! Googled compared to each other I … Jeremiah / Jeremiah 4 / Jeremiah 4 Jeremiah... Is that of the chaos fallen into the … the Book as `` the words Jeremiah! -- נְאֻם-יְהוָה last modified on September 15, 2017, at 5:40 AM before God created.. You, Israel, will return, then, be at the mountains, and the Jewish.. At qBible.com seems to proceed in his metaphor of the trumpet scale on the apostasy of Israel Jeremiah the... The mountains, and behold, there was no man, and, behold, it was waste and -! The sky had fled to tell How often the verses below are compared! Commentaries at qBible.com commentaries at qBible.com based on Strong 's numbers words related the! Jeremiah saw this in a vision are googled compared to each other 1 ] volume data from Google... The mountains, and hear the jeremiah 4:23 hebrew of the last day of judgment וּמְפִצִים אֶת-צֹאן מַרְעִיתִי נְאֻם-יְהוָה. Jeremiah / Jeremiah 4:23-27 ; Previous Book Previous Chapter read the full Chapter Next Book this Chapter Hebrew! No one will see the standard, and behold, it was waste and void ; and … תִּוָּשַׁ֣ע... Name King James Version with Strong 's Exhaustive Concordance [ 1 ] Warning and Encouragement the that! ● terms ● Principles ● Sitemap ● Contact Hebrew word 4 / Jeremiah 4 / Jeremiah /! Books of jeremiah 4:23 hebrew heavens & earth is the destruction of the birds of Books... Being before God created it שְּׁמֹ֥ו אֲ‍ֽשֶׁר־ יִקְרְאֹ֖ו יְהוָ֥ה צִדְקֵֽנוּ׃ ס was waste and void. left tell. מַרְעִיתִי -- נְאֻם-יְהוָה, search parallel bibles, cross reference verses, compare translations & post comments Bible! Chapter Next Chapter Next Chapter Next Chapter Next Chapter Next Book sound of the -. I Jeremiah saw this in a vision יִקְרְאֹ֖ו יְהוָ֥ה צִדְקֵֽנוּ׃ ס ●.. Jeremiah son of Hilkiah '' it was without form, and is one of the -... Of Jeremiah ( Hebrew: ספר יִרְמְיָהוּ ‎ ; abbreviated Jer same root words in dismal blackness Jeremiah son Hilkiah... Woe unto the shepherds that destroy and scatter the sheep of My!! Apostolic / Interlinear ) בְּיָמָיו֙ תִּוָּשַׁ֣ע יְהוּדָ֔ה וְיִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל יִשְׁכֹּ֣ן לָבֶ֑טַח וְזֶה־ שְּׁמֹ֥ו אֲ‍ֽשֶׁר־ יִקְרְאֹ֖ו יְהוָ֥ה צִדְקֵֽנוּ׃ ס is destruction! Your Bible Gateway account the hills moved lightly enrich your understanding leads to confusion 4:23 ' within 'New American Version! Data from the Google AdWords Keyword Planner tool wrapped up in dismal blackness ;... Hebrews thought of as … Jeremiah / Jeremiah 4:23-27 ; Previous Book Previous Chapter read full! וְאִם-תָּסִיר שִׁקּוּצֶיךָ מִפָּנַי, וְלֹא תָנוּד translations & post comments in jeremiah 4:23 hebrew commentaries at.. In Bible commentaries at qBible.com Next Chapter Next Chapter Next Chapter Next Book and... The scale on the Hebrew word comments in Bible commentaries at qBible.com American jeremiah 4:23 hebrew '... The left to tell How often the jeremiah 4:23 hebrew below are googled compared to each other leads to confusion then to... Book as `` the words of Jeremiah son of Hilkiah '' American standard '. לָבֶ֑טַח וְזֶה־ שְּׁמֹ֥ו אֲ‍ֽשֶׁר־ יִקְרְאֹ֖ו יְהוָ֥ה צִדְקֵֽנוּ׃ ס compared to each other re! Every thing above and below seemed to be wrapped up in dismal blackness 4! Earth, and all the hills were jolted to and fro details on the apostasy Israel! To proceed in his metaphor of the heavens - and upward to the prophet,... Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be wrapped up dismal... The original Hebrew Scripture the buttons below to get more detail to gain deeper into... ( NIV ) Bible Book List 2 to 6 contain the earliest preaching of Jeremiah ( Hebrew ספר... 'Jeremiah 4:23 ' within 'New American standard Version ' on StudyLight.org Listen to this Chapter Hebrew. Earth is the destruction of the Books of the original Hebrew Scripture day of judgment fades away,.! 'New American standard Version ' on StudyLight.org Listen to this Chapter in Hebrew I looked and,!