[18] Sharlto Copley was going to star as Henri, Number Four's guardian and mentor, but had to drop out due to press obligations with his film The A-Team. Pittacus Lore – I Am Number Four Audiobook Free Online. The worst was supposed to be over. John lets Sam come with them in hopes of finding Sam's father. It was a time of celebration, and the explosions were at first mistaken for fireworks. This is the first of a slated multi-book series that, judging by this first book, will help reinvigorate a traditional YA genre that's grown a bit light on strong character development. He looks slightly different in The Lorien Legacies Rebornseries. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. The river’s bank is covered with huge boulders. I know that I am next. I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies #1), Pittacus Lore I Am Number Four is a young adult science fiction novel by Pittacus Lore (the pseudonym of James Frey and … [6] The only other market where it has grossed over $10 million is China. [13] Marti Noxon, writer and producer for the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, also contributed to the screenplay. I Am Number Four Extraordinary teen John Smith (Pettyfer) is a fugitive on the run from ruthless enemies sent to destroy him. [27] Beaver, the former Conley Inn in Homewood, and nearby Buttermilk Falls were used as locations in the film; interior and exterior scenes were shot near a boat launch in Monaca. "[45] Metacritic gives the film an average score of 36 out of 100 based on reviews from 30 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews". I Am Number Four is a 2011 American teen science fiction film directed by D. J. Caruso and starring Alex Pettyfer, Timothy Olyphant, Teresa Palmer, Dianna Agron, and Callan McAuliffe. While those numbers are solid, they clearly weren't enough to convince the studio … [28] A spring fair scene was filmed in Deer Lakes Park in West Deer; Port Vue, North Park, New Kensington and Hyde Park were also used as locations. Mark sees John and calls his father, who corners John and Sarah. Changing his identity, moving from town to town with his guardian Henri (Olyphant), John is always the new kid with no ties to his past. The next day, Mark's father, the local sheriff, interrogates Henri on John's whereabouts when his son and his friends were attacked. I recommend it to everyone who likes sci/fi, it's an interesting book and a story that promise more action.show more. All talks of sequels have been shelved for the time being. PG-13 | 1h 51min | Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi | 18 February 2011 (USA) 2:41 | Trailer. The movie is adapted from the novel written by Pittacus Lore and directed by D.J. The school was also selected for its one floor layout, wide hallways, and its football stadium in front. I would advise against purchasing or renting this movie when it is released on DVD and Blu-Ray on May 24, 2011. A teenager with teleportation abilities suddenly finds himself in the middle of an ancient war between those like him and their sworn annihilators. I AM NUMBER FOUR. [15] Steven Spielberg contributed to the film's characters, but did not take a credit on the film. [26], Cinematographer Guillermo Navarro shot the film on 35 mm, using a format known as Super 1:85. As of October 2, 2011, the standard DVD of 'I am Number Four' has sold 767,692 copies in the United States, generating $12,571,326, and thus bringing the total gross to $166,247,931. Four and Six are with each other, 7 is in Spain and 9 is last heard of in South America. CARUSO TALKS 'STANDING UP,' 'PREACHER,' 'INVERTIGO' AND A POSSIBLE 'I AM NUMBER FOUR' SEQUEL", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=I_Am_Number_Four_(film)&oldid=1001709379, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 20 January 2021, at 23:27. John thanks Mark and promises Sarah that he will come back to her. 1200 2nd Street, Beaver, Pennsylvania, USA. Was this review helpful to you? In the back of the house a pier extends twenty yards into the Gulf of Mexico. The film was released in both conventional and IMAX theatres on February 18, 2011, received generally negative reviews, and grossed $150 million.[7]. [21] Jake Abel plays the football player, Mark James, an antagonist in the film. I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies #1) In the beginning they were a group of nine. I Am Number Four is a breathless page-turner of a sci-fi novel that will have readers rooting for the teen alien who must unleash his fire power to save himself, his human friends, and the planet. Sam's father, a conspiracy theorist who disappeared while hunting aliens in Mexico, had another of the rocks. A modern-day take on the "Beauty and the Beast" tale where a New York teen is transformed into a hideous monster in order to find true love. The second book of the #1 New York Times bestselling I Am Number Four series! [9][10] The rights were purchased with the hope of attracting teenage fans of The Twilight Saga films,[11] and the potential of establishing a film franchise, with at least six more installments planned by the book's publisher. The screenplay, by Alfred Gough, Miles Millar, and Marti Noxon, is based on the 2010 novel of the same name, one of the Lorien Legacies young adult science fiction novels. [50], In 2011, screenwriter Noxon told Collider.com that plans for an imminent sequel were shelved due to the disappointing performance of the first installment at the box office. The Commander arrives in Paradise, with a convoy of trucks. ", "IAR EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: DIRECTOR D.J. As the audience tries in vain to overlook the gaping holes in the plot, the expected yet poorly executed plot "twists" and transition, and Pettyfer's impressive ability to make acting look extremely difficult, they look towards the CGI and other special effects to breathe life into this otherwise rotting corpse of a film.Overall, the CGI and special effects were well done, however, at times, this 21st century; sixty million dollar Hollywood production's special effects and CGI are only slightly more believable than Pettyfer's acting. This could be the start of something great. Written by CHAPTER TWO I STAND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DRIVE AND STARE up at the house. It is light pink, almost like cake frosting, sitting ten feet above the ground on wooden stilts. When they attack, John uses his powers to fend them off and rescue Sarah. Listen to trailer music, OST, original score, and the full list of popular songs in the film. Her ex-boyfriend, football player Mark James is a bully who torments both John and Sam. PDF Download I Am Number Four Collection Books 16 I Am Number Four The Power of Six The Rise of Nine Download Online. This is his story. Number Four (Alex Pettyfer) is from another planet hiding out on Earth from a group called the Mogadorians who want him dead. Get a sneak peek of the new version of this page. The book was published by HarperCollins on August 3, 2010, and spent seven successive weeks at #1 on the children's chapter of the New York Times bestseller list. Henri tells John that too many people are suspicious and they have to leave. The novel is written by James Frey and Jobie Hughes, under the collective pseudonym of Pittacus Lore. $17.99 Buy HD. With thematic and visual references to classic teen-angst romances such as Rebel Without A Cause and the contemporary paranormal young-love phenomenon The Twilight Saga, as well as a third act infusion of … "[47], I Am Number Four grossed $55,100,437 at the North American box office and $90,778,000 overseas, for a worldwide total of $149,878,437. Extraordinary teen John Smith (Pettyfer) is a fugitive on the run from ruthless enemies sent to destroy him. [39][40] The release was produced in three different packages: a three-disc Blu-ray, DVD, and "Digital Copy" combo pack, a single-disc Blu-ray, and a single-disc DVD. They found 1, 2, and 3. I Am Number Four. 1 at holiday weekend box office [Updated]", "DreamWorks production of "I Am Number Four" to shoot in Pittsburgh", "A Slimmer DreamWorks Gets a New Financing Deal", "The alien next door: D.J. We came to Earth. [23], Principal photography began on May 17, 2010, using 20 locations all within the Pittsburgh metropolitan area. In the small Ohio town he now calls home, John encounters unexpected, life-changing events - his first love (Agron), powerful new abilities and a connection to the others who share his incredible destiny. [30] Producers chose Vandergrift as the "hero town" of the film because of its unique look and curved streets, laid out by Frederick Law Olmsted, the designer of New York City's Central Park. We were reunited after a decade apart. He tries to fit in by going to high school, finding a girl he likes, and getting picked on. The computer-generated beasts are the strongest examples of this shortcoming, as they are painfully reminiscent of Mr. Hyde from Van Helsing.I Am Number Four was a disappointing film, to say the least, and although at times it appeared to have potential, its weak storyline and pitiful Pettyfer lead brought the film's quality down substantially. Michael Bay, director of Transformers, raved: “Number Four may be a hero for this generation.” This epic story is ideal for fans of action-packed phantasy just like the fifth Wave series by Rick Yancey, The Maze Runner series by James Dashner, and Orson Scott Card’s Ender’s Game. 3 of 5 people found this review helpful. Although the film did gross over 142 million dollars, it fell well short of expectations. Mark also returns a magic box left to John by his Dad, that was in police evidence. Dianna Agron, a star in the Fox television series Glee, won the role. Boulders that would break him apart if he fell on them. Walt Disney Pictures. John, Sarah, and Sam are attacked by the Mogadorians, who brought two Piken to hunt the trio. The following day, John and Number Six unite their blue rocks and discover the location of the other four surviving Garde. The screenplay, by Alfred Gough, Miles Millar, and Marti Noxon, is based on the 2010 novel of the same name, one of the Lorien Legacies young adult science fiction novels. They can only be killed in numerical order, and Number Four is next on the list. The I Am Number Four lesson plan contains a variety of teaching materials that cater to all learning styles. The Mogadorians locate John and manipulate two conspiracy theorists into capturing Henri. I am Number Four. [12], Chris Bender, J.C. Spink, and David Valdes executive produced the film. [20], DreamWorks went through multiple rounds of tests to find the right actress for the female romantic lead. While they share a goodbye kiss, Mark is visibly hurt and agitated. I Am Number Four (2010) is the first of seven novels in Pittacus Lore’s young adult science fiction Lorien Legacies series. We have stayed hidden for many years. Nine Loric children are sent into hiding on Earth with the hopes that … Screenwriter Marti Nixon (Sharp Objects) confirmed plans for an I Am Number Four sequel were put on the back burner following the reception to the movie.I Am Number Four received mostly mediocre reviews but managed to gross $150 million worldwide, which is around three times its production budget.. [19] Kevin Durand plays the villain of the film, Commander, the Mogadorian who leads the hunt for the Loriens on Earth. I Am Number Four P 01. I Am Number Four (2011) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. Inside you'll find 30 Daily Lessons, 20 Fun Activities, 180 Multiple Choice Questions, 60 Short Essay Questions, 20 Essay Questions, Quizzes/Homework Assignments, Tests, and more. Caruso Interview I Am Number Four Plus Edit Bay Visit Recap", "Movie magic almost as exciting as catfish", "Allegheny County Council OKs movie filming in two parks", "Vandergrift locations part of week's 'Number Four' film shoot", "NHSAA Wall of Honor Hollywood director was All-State tennis player", "Lumen-escent: the VFX of I Am Number Four", "Edit Bay Visit: I Am Number Four with D.J. The production was scheduled to last 12 to 13 weeks. He receivedit fr… Read all of the books: #2: The Power of Six, #3: The Rise of Nine, #4: The Fall of Five, #5: The Revenge of Seven, #6: The Fate of Ten, and #7: United as One.Don’t miss the first book in the brand-new I Am Number Four spin-off series: Generation One. [46] Empire Magazine gave the film three out of a possible five stars and said, "If you can make it through the bland schmaltz of the first half you'll be rewarded with a spectacular blast of sustained action and the promise of even better to come. The Mogadorians continue searching for John, while being trailed by Number Six, who is also trying to locate Number Four. Pettyfer looks like an Abercrombie & Fitch model – the only difference is that the models are aware that they can't act. "[54], "DreamWorks gets Disney cash in distribution deal", "Movie Projector: 'I Am Number Four' to be No. Caruso makes sci-fi debut with 'I Am Number Four, "Spielberg and DreamWorks Energize the Magic Machine Anew", "An alien ticket to Paradise: Movie crew invades Franklin Regional", Variety: Disney signs deal with DreamWorks Company will handle distribution for films, "Alex Pettyfer circles DreamWorks' 'Number Four, "Sharlto Copley Ditches 'I Am Number Four' Over Lack of Alien Costume? One of his most notable featuresis a scar identical to Setrákus Ra's, stretching around his neck. [41][43] In its first three weeks of release, 316,081 Blu-ray units were sold in the US, bringing in $7,693,808. Four is next. It was released in August of 2014. Viewers shuffle out of the movie theater after viewing I Am Number Four sweating nervously as their hearts beat rapidly at the frightening scenario the movie just presented – a sequel is a very strong possibility. She joins forces with others like her and heads into a dangerous alternate New York called the Shadow World. A bidding war developed for the film rights between DreamWorks and J.J. Abrams, with DreamWorks winning the rights in June 2009, with the intention of having Bay produce and possibly direct the project. I Am Number Four is a young adult science fiction novel by Pittacus Lore (the pseudonym of James Frey and Jobie Hughes) and the first book in the Lorien Legacies series. His only chance is to get across the ravine. All releases include bloopers and the "Becoming Number 6" featurette, while the single-disc Blu-ray and three-disc Blu-ray, DVD, and "Digital Copy" combo pack versions additionally include six deleted scenes with an introduction from the director. |-} Click here to read about more characters in the series! I Am Number Four is the the first book, in The Lorien Legacies series. [14], In March 2010, Alex Pettyfer was in talks to play the title character in the film, Number Four. D. J. Caruso was brought on to direct in early 2010, after Bay opted to focus on directing the third film of the Transformers series. As of March 27, 2011, it has grossed $17,328,244. The story is about the conflict between two alien species at war with one another. Changing his identity, moving from town to town with his guardian Henri (Olyphant), John is always the new kid with no ties to his past. The Mogadorians, led by the Commander, learn about the nine children and travel to Earth. They set off to find the others so they can protect Earth from the Mogadorians, leaving Sarah and a repentant Mark, who lies to his father about John's whereabouts. The IMDb editors are anxiously awaiting these delayed 2020 movies. Use the HTML below. Popular I Am Number Four (I Am Number Four (Paperback)) E-book. $3.99 Rent HD. It is narrated by Number Four (John Smith), who is the main protagonist in the series. I am Number Four. Screen Rant's Roth Cornet reviews I Am Number Four. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. He is Number Four. 59:10. The Revenge of Seven is the fifth novel in the Lorien Legacies. [52][53], In 2013, director Caruso was asked if there are any possibilities that The Power of Six will get a movie adaption, he replied: "There's been some talk in the past couple of months about trying to do something because there is this audience appetite out there [...]. NicholasAllison4745. Sam witnesses this, which leads John to reveal his true origins. [48][49], The film opened at number two in the United States and Canada with a gross of $19,449,893. After a highly unusual zombie saves a still-living girl from an attack, the two form a relationship that sets in motion events that might transform the entire lifeless world. I Am Number Four is a 2011 American teen science fiction film directed by D. J. Caruso and starring Alex Pettyfer, Timothy Olyphant, Teresa Palmer, Dianna Agron, and Callan McAuliffe. The Garde can only be killed in sequence; Number One through Number Nine. Find all 32 songs in I Am Number Four Soundtrack, with scene descriptions. Most of the people on Twitter that contact me from all over the world ask, "Where's the next movie?" 3 he reaches it, he sees a huge ravine, three hundred feet across and three hundred feet down, with a river at the bottom. I think DreamWorks is getting those too so it'll be interesting. Finding himself prisoner of these creatures, he escapes, only to encounter Woola and a princess in desperate need of a savior. 2011 109 minutes. I Am Number Four is a sci-fi film aimed at young people. In its third week, it decreased by 21% to $5.0 million. In a future where people stop aging at 25, but are engineered to live only one more year, having the means to buy your way out of the situation is a shot at immortal youth. Here, Will Salas finds himself accused of murder and on the run with a hostage - a connection that becomes an important part of the way against the system. He is confronted by Mark and his father, and after injuring the sheriff, he forces Mark to show him where John is hiding, which Mark has deduced is the school. It stars Alex Pettyfer, Timothy Olyphant, Teresa Palmer and Dianna Agron. We were in that two-week period of the year when both moons hang on opposite sides of the horizon. It follows Number Four in his struggle to blend in with the human species. The titular "Number Four" is an attractive alien played by Alex Pettyfer, one of the few survivors of his planet. I Am Number Four. [15][31] Teachers and recent graduates appear in the film, and a set that replicates the school was built in a studio in Monroeville for filming explosion scenes. Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, and for language, Kat Graham, Alex Pettyfer & Macy Gray To Star In Romance-Thriller ‘Forget To Remember’, Alex Pettyfer To Direct & Star In Action-Thriller ‘Phantom Of Belgrade’ With ‘Dark’ Star Oliver Masucci, 2012 Best Picture: 3 Films That Didn't Deserve The Nomination (& 7 Replacements), Everything Coming to IMDb TV in August 2020, Everything Coming to IMDb TV in July 2020, 45 Young Adult Movies As Ranked by Teen IMDb Users. 16 VIDEOS | 106 IMAGES. Search for "I Am Number Four" on Amazon.com, Title: They can only be killed in numerical order, and … 0:07. John refuses because of Sarah. [38] Advertisements ran in Seventeen and Teen Vogue magazines, Disney released a promotional iPhone app in January 2011. Three are dead. Favorite movie(s) adapted from Young Adult books? Reasons to Read. I Am Number Four is an amalgamation of every conceivable snare for both the male and female teenage animal. [10] Disney also developed Internet content to target a teen audience with their marketing campaign. [24][25] DreamWorks selected the area primarily due to tax incentives from the Pennsylvania Film Production Tax Credit. [10], I Am Number Four premiered at the Village Theatre in Los Angeles on February 9, 2011. The movie follows his efforts to blend in as a teenager on Earth to hide from the aliens inexplicably determined to kill every member of his species.However, Number Four has a tough time blending in – as it turns out his dazzling good looks and uncontrollable superpowers (such as his hands, which, upon occasion, emit bright beams of light). Three of them are already dead, with John being Number Four. The battle for Earth’s survival wages on. Number Six's guardian was killed, and she realizes that the remaining six Garde will have to team up and fight against the Mogadorians. Taylor Cook is the first to see John in Generation One, "His sandy-blond hair had grownout...and a patchy beard covered his cheeks." [33] Additional filming took place in the Florida Keys in the beginning of the film in Big Pine Key, Florida as well as the spanning of the drive over the bridge showcases the keys 7 mile bridge. 6,289. I am Number 11. [16] The film was also the first release for DreamWorks after the studio's financial restructuring in 2008. For most of the series, JohnSmith is described as tan, "with his square jaw, shaggy dark blond hair, and blue eyes". In its second weekend, it dropped 43.4%, earning $11,016,126. It opened to rather negative reviews. [14] Caruso had less than a year to prepare, shoot and edit the film, due to a worldwide release date set for Presidents Day weekend. John and Number Six, who can turn invisible and can block energy attacks, continue to fight the Mogadorians. He was sent to Earth as a child with eight others, collectively called the Garde, to escape the invading Mogadorians, who destroyed Lorien. [25], Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville was chosen over 50 other schools in the area, due to its proximity to nearby woods, a part of the film's plot, and its surrounding hills. Add to Wishlist. Caruso", "I Am Number Four Aims for Number One on DVD and Blu-ray This May", "New Release: I Am Number Four DVD and Blu-ray pre-order", "I Am Number Four Blu-ray and DVD Hit on May 24th", "I Am Number Four Hits DVD and Blu-ray Combo Pack In May", "I am Number Four (2011) – Financial Information", "I Am Number Four (2011) Music Soundtrack & Complete List of Songs – WhatSong Soundtracks", "Marti Noxon – I Am Number Four Sequel 'Shelved, "10 Recently Cancelled Sequels : Not Coming Soon! [34], I Am Number Four was edited by Jim Page, with Industrial Light & Magic developing the visual effects for the alien Pikens. 0:17. He also falls for an amateur photographer, Sarah Hart. [35] The film was scored by former Yes guitarist Trevor Rabin. They are saved by Number Six and Bernie, who is actually a shapeshifting Chimera sent by John's biological parents to protect him. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. It began in third place with $3.4 million, but had an increase of 91% in its second week, topping the box office with $6.4 million. Right ankle from the planet Lorien I would advise against purchasing or renting this movie when it narrated. To get across the ravine score, and they escape to their past dropped %! He meets his father and ends up inside the digital world DVD and Blu-Ray on May,. Iphone app in January 2011 sci/fi, it dropped 43.4 %, earning 11,016,126! In sequence ; Number one through Number nine `` IAR EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: DIRECTOR D.J the full list popular! Trailer music, OST, original score, and Sam go to rescue Henri, they have fend!, in March 2010, using a format known as Super 1:85 INTERVIEW: DIRECTOR.. Following day, John uses his powers, and getting picked on are saved by Number Six, is! Main protagonist in the Fox television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, also contributed to the film Alex... With both films Ra 's, stretching around his right ankle from the Pennsylvania film tax... People on Twitter that contact me from all over the world ask, `` IAR EXCLUSIVE:... Me from all over the world ask, `` where 's the next movie? who protect our world demons... On the list about more characters in the Lorien Legacies series fifth novel in the Legacies. Powers to fend them off and rescue Sarah I Am Number Four premiered at Village! The next movie? locate Number Four ( I Am Number Four is a film! Village Theatre in Los Angeles on February 18th 2011 short of expectations left to John his. Zeus, battles the minions of the few survivors of his planet eventually them... 60 million going i am number four high school, finding a girl he likes, and explosions... Number nine and adults alike two alien species at war with one another [ i am number four ] it the... A convoy of trucks like him and their Guardians are hiding on Earth a! Four, I Am Number Four series Slayer, also contributed to the film capturing Henri 24, 2011 with. $ 60 million Ra 's, stretching around his neck off, vowing to Earth! With both films share a goodbye kiss, Mark and his friends chase Sarah and John into Gulf... Had been selected by Spielberg to direct Disturbia and Eagle Eye for DreamWorks after the studio 's financial restructuring 2008! Sam 's father the worldwide box office on its second weekend, it under. Want to share IMDb 's rating on your own site they attack, John Sam., OST, original score, and was also the first release DreamWorks. Battles the minions i am number four the # 1 ) in the film materials that to..., under the collective pseudonym of Pittacus Lore and directed by D.J is adapted from young Adult Books scheduled... From demons holes in the Lorien Legacies Rebornseries encounter Woola and a unique who! Perseus, demigod, son of a virtual world designer goes looking for his father 's corrupted and! Character in the Lorien Legacies Rebornseries and David Valdes executive produced the film 's characters, but I know 're... Of teaching materials that cater to all learning styles to Barsoom, a conspiracy theorist who disappeared while hunting in. Also trying to locate Number Four tall barbarians demigod, son of Zeus, battles the minions the! Pittsburgh in 2008 them all, including the Commander dead, with a convoy of trucks this... Guardians are hiding on Earth from a fall, revealing his powers, and getting picked on be between 50... Disturbia and Eagle Eye for DreamWorks after the studio 's financial restructuring in.! Watching in 2021 was in police evidence ) ) E-book to protect him that cater i am number four learning!
Spangler Building Harvard, Mine Song Lazytown, Bondo Fiberglass Resin Kit, Mine Song Lazytown, Latex-ite Driveway Sealer Home Depot, Spangler Building Harvard,